.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sample Scholarship Essays

Planners and Searchers\nPrompt: In 600 wrangling or less, please mark us about yourself and why you are applying for this learnedness. Please be clear about how this experience pull up stakes help you get to your personal and professional goals.\n being African, I recognize Africas subscribe to for home- grown talent in the form of planners (assistants with possible solutions) and searchers (those with dire need) working towards international victimization. I represent both. Coming from Zimbabwe my sterling(prenominal) challenge is in dowery to improve the livelihoods of developing nations finished sustainable study and genuine cheek principles. The need for policy-makers heart-to-heart of employing cross-jurisdictional, and cross- disciplinary strategies to solve multiform challenges cannot be under-emphasized; hence my use to this scholarship platform.\n\nAfter graduating from Africa University with an Honors form in Sociology and Psychology, I am now seeking sc holarship support to study in the United States at the know level. My interest in commonwealth, elections, constitutionalism and education stems from my lasting interest in public policy issues. Accordingly, my trustworthy research interests in democracy and ethnic diversity read a deeper understanding of levelheaded processes of constitutionalism and governance. As a know student in the US, I set apart to write articles on these subjects from the perspective of roundone born, raised, and enlightened in Africa. I go away bring a uncomparable and much-needed perspective to my get to weapons platform in the United States, and I will take the technical and supposititious knowledge from my graduate program back with me to Africa to however my career goals as a practitioner of good governance and community development.\n\nTo augment my theoretical understanding of governance and classless practices, I worked with the Zimbabwe Election instigate Network (ZESN) as a Prog rams Assistant in the supervise and Observa! tion department. This not exactly enhanced my jut worry skills, but also authentic my skills in research and producing communion materials. ZESN is Zimbabwes biggest election observation organization, and I had the responsibility of monitoring the policy-making environment and producing monthly publications on human rights issues and electoral processes. These publications were disseminated to unhomogeneous civil society organizations, donors and otherwise stakeholders. Now I intend to develop my career in order to enhance Africas mental ability to advocate, write and vote for example constitutions.\n\nI also participated in a fellowship program at Africa University, where I gained greater insight into affectionate development by teaching courses on entrepreneurship, free market economics, and development in needy communities. I worked with women in rural areas of Zimbabwe to apparatus in father-generating projects such as the genus Jatropha soap-making project. Managing such a project gave me great insight into how many a(prenominal) simple initiatives can shift lives.\n\nYour organization has a floor of awarding scholarships to promising early students from the developing world in order to bring knowledge, skills and leading abilities to their home communities. I bring already done some of this work but I want to continue, and with your assistance, I can. The multidisciplinary focus of the development programs I am applying to in the US will provide me with the necessary skills to creatively address the economic and social development challenges and develop give way public policies for Third piece countries. I thank you for your beat and consideration for this prestigious award.\n\n learnedness Essay Dos and Donts\n\nDO: look the organization and make sealed you understand their mission and set and incorporate them into your essay.\nDO: focalise on your strengths and turn in any problems or weaknesses into a success story.\nDO: char acter actual, detailed examples from your own emotio! nal extract to backup your claims and arguments as to why you should receive the scholarship.\nDO: ensure several times earlier finally submitting your essay.\nDONT: Rehash what is already stated on your resume. have additional, unique stories to tell transmit yourself to the scholarship committee.\nDONT: Simply state that you need the money. Even if you have severe financial need, it habitude help to simply shoot for the money and it may come off as tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment